Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Screws loose on a VOTT

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MarkTobakMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FYI from a new owner of a pair of old Flamencos.
    Had trouble with diminished volume, fullness and clarity on one of my VOTTs. Confirmed that it wasn't room placement. Opened her up and found the woofer had worked its way loose, held in by a single screw!
    I don't know if this is due to shipping or just regular use. Before I had VOTTs loose elements in speaker systems made themselves known by rattling. I guess these drivers are just too heavy to rattle!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That agrees with my experience, many of the Yanks I've met do seem to have a screw looose. forums

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Careful Feesh, we know where you live forums

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Up here in the north country where we have broad swings in both temperature and humidity, we need to check screws at least once a year, or more often depending on application and how often they're played at significant levels.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Bill F777's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I repair a lot of sound systems, and you would be surprised at some of the things I see. I have run into many systems where woofers are missing screws. I don't think your average attempt to repair it yourself person understands how important it is to properly secure a woofer. Another good one is a mix of Altec and JBL in the came cabinet. They are out of phase unless you reverse the wires on the JBL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.